Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bikers: Good or Bad







So I just got done watching my new favorite show, Sons of Anarchy. If your not watching it, then you ain't shit. Jax the lead character makes riding so much more enjoyable. Why can't all bikers look like him. I mean the boy wears tennis shoes (I don't know what brand) on a Harley, and damn if he still doesn't look good. I mean I know that its a TV show, but what wouldn't I give to be in that club.

I know that ther are bike clubs all around, my cousin (RIP) was in the Brothers of the Wheel, they were party people, but they didn't kill anyone, or sell guns, or big quanties of drugs. They probably just had enough for themselves. Then you have what is it, oh the Thunder Gaurds, I'm not for sure if they are from all over, I'm pretty sure they are, they probably have different charters, just like my boy Jax, they are a bunch of hard core guys, oh lets not forget about the Pegans, they are the Hitlers type of club, if Hitler rode a Harley. I don't know too much about bikers or bikes. I just know if Charlie (Jax's real name) came up to me and said jump on, I would in a heart beat.

I know I swore off bikes, 4-wheelers, etc...since my cousin was Christina was killed on one, but I know she would say go for it, he's hot.

Let me tell you about my girl Chris, Concheta was her biker name. She and her man, yes she even had the Property of ... vest, were coming home from a poker run, and a deer ran out in front of them, Christina was thrown over the bike and down a hill, and he walked away with a little road rash. She was life flighted to Ruby, in Morgantown, WV. You know when I walked back to see her, I thought she looked good on the outside, yeah she was black and blue, she had some broken bones, she was swollen, her head was shaved on one side, which was cool, because when she first moved up here from VA, she had her head shaven, so we all knew that she wouldn't mind it. However the insides of her was damaged, that had tubes coming from her everywhere, her head, stomach, you name it she had a tube. But truth be told, she was gone. She was gone before she got to the hospital, she was brain dead. her helmet was split right down the middle, and she was not wearing a DOH approved one, she had a turtle shell on. She was not going to come out of this, the doctors told us, why her, she left behind a 10 year old child at the time. I remember going in again, and her husband was allowing everyone to put in their input about what she would want.
What she would want? How can you even ask a question like that. She want to be with her daughter, she wants to see Mallory, graduate, get married, have children. She will never see that. So they decided to pull the plugs. I remember Mallory climbing in the bed with her crying don't do this to my mommy, she is right here. The family let her stay in bed with her until the ER doctors came up and gave her something to sleep, before they pulled the plug, and Mallory was on top of her the whole time.
The funeral was awsome, I know that sounds awful, but it was. We went to the viewing and did our thing, but the service was great. No preacher, well a biker preacher who cused like you wouldn't believe. Everyone was wearing Harley gear, jeans, no one was dressed up. When you walked out side, there in the parking lot and up the street were nothing but bikes, from all over, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina, I think every state was represented. They lead the funneral procession to the grave yard. Hundreds and hundreds of bikes. Then we got to the grave yard and they parked the bikes and reved the engines as she was brought through.

We got to the site and the family got settled, and it was like from a movie, all these bikers were walking across the graveyard. It was like slow motion, one of the most beautiful sites I had ever seen. This club she belonged to believed barrie their own. Yep you heard me. We watched as every person took the shovel and threw it on the casket, my dad who is not very well even did it. With the help of the nice bikers, they new she would want her uncle bud to do this, since her father was not there to do it.

So I can see that some bikers can be nice, and some can be made into a bunch of kill you all type.




No comments: