Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Do Men Know the Difference between SEX and Love?

I watch the snow falling down and the season change here in WV. I guess relationships, marriages and life is like a season of its own. We have our ups and downs, but always come to terms with everything. Which none of that has anything to do with want I want to say. I’m actually sitting here trying to be Carrie Bradshaw and write something really intelligent, but nothing is happening, so I just realized my marriage is going sour. Which has me questioning, do men (boys) know the difference between sex and love?
It has been an understanding of mine that for ages people have been doing the whoopie, for a fun activity, or pleasure, with no reason. Basically just because they can. But where is the love to that. My husband thinks that sex will fix any fight that we have. It will fix the dent in the fridge, the hole in the wall, the bathroom door. Heck did you know that it will fix my dresser drawer. Well believe me, he can make it work. This is what I am talking about. I sleep in the bedroom while he sleeps on the couch, not very romantic huh. My husband is a great man, that I deep inside love, but has lost all of the emotion that comes along with being in love. What happened to the, how was your day, to just giving me a hug. No he has to come up to me and touch me, and thinks its gonna be a fun night. Does sex really make all the problems go away. Not in my world. Can a man carry on a conversation with out at least trying to think about sex. I mean its all right, but you know what I can live with out it. Men (the ones I know) don’t even care that there is a problem in the relationship. Mine would rather spend time with his TV, brother, or going to a game or watching a game. He chooses everything over the kids and me. I mean don’t get me wrong, my children are my world, and yes I would choose them over him, but if I had to choose a night with my husband, or a football game, or a day at the spa, deep in my heart I would choose him, just because we don’t spend enough time together. I want time with my husband, OMG yeah I just said it. Can I get an ahem. When you look at a relationship it is like the seasons. Spring (when you meet ) full of prospects. Little bugs coming out and making you feel happy, the sun starting to shine on your face, Summer (relationship) Hot, quenching for more, can’t get enough of that one person, Fall (no one else for the rest of your life) The mood is changing, you have gotten comfortable, relaxed, and Winter (what the F*** was I thinking) Cold pain in the ass, depressed as hell, you stay inside, nothing to look forward too. See I have no clue what I am talking about, because I don’t even know the difference between sex and love, except I can live with out sex.

No comments: