Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Cards

CHRISTMAS CARDS

As the Christmas Holiday is nearing, not for another month, has got me wondering about Christmas Cards. I ask my self do I put a picture in them of my monkeys or just say forget it.

You know what I mean, how many of you have a container of pictures of people you don’t really know? I have a shoe box marked "Christmas Card Photo’s???" I could not tell you just by looking at them who these children are. I know that sounds mean, but I only do this once a year.
I feel like I can’t throw them away, because someone put a lot of time and money into
these photo’s. They have written on the back of them, name, age, and year. However at the end of Christmas I just shove them in my shoe box.

I can go over to my mothers house, who has a huge container of photo’s of cousins, children, and their children. I ask her, "Who is this?", her reply, "Read the Back of it." Hello some of these pictures are ancient. To the point that there is not writing on them.
I mean don’t get me wrong, but is it really worth doing this when the pictures are going to be put somewhere, by someone, and later found by someone else, who has no idea who gave this picture in a Christmas Card.

I am actually the person who sends the cards with the pictures, I think it makes the card more personal. It is only once a year you get to get out that list of family and friends, near or far, and think of that one special memory you have them. You may have more than one memory of them, but for that one moment as you are writing their address down, they are being thought of.
And what about the person who writes a personal message in each card. That takes a lot of time. I use to write a letter out and send it to everyone. I would tell them what has happened in the past year, how the children are doing, that life is going okay. What I really want to tell them is that, my children are monsters, my marriage is almost out the door, I am in a deep depression, and I have severe anxiety.

But who wants to hear all of this. Its Christmas lets keep it on a positive note. No one ever sends bad news in a Christmas card, there just so cheerful and happy. I mean does no one have a bad year? Oh no, that’s because at the end of just about all Christmas cards they say Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday’s, and a Wonderful New Year. Card business make a killing at Christmas time, I wish I was on their payroll.

So anyways, I leave you all with Happy Thoughts, and I truly hope you have a Wonderful Day!

Oh and if you want a realy Christmas Card, email me your address and let me know if you want a personal letter, and or picture.

chrystalkelley@verizon.net

1 comment:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I didn't know you were actively blogging on here! I'm sorry I didn't check sooner!
I always send a picture too and have often wondered what people do with them after the season is over.
I'm sorry that you're marriage is so bad. I'm here if you want to talk.
Love ya!